Thursday 12 February 2015

Stitch Magic

 I was going to save this review until later but in view of the next content of the next  Monday Workshop I thought it would be relevant now. This book has proved to be a most inspirational book. Jan Beaney  and Jean Littlejohn take stitch and thread and transform them. It is not a new book but I feel has become an exciting reference source carrying on from where Constance Howard left off. The authors assume that the reader knows how to sew the basic stitch but shows how the same stitch can look so different depending on how it is used. I like the 'Stitch Challenge' pages and wonder if this could be developed into a game of stitch 'Consequences' at a Monday Workshop. I would love to see comments from anyone else who has used this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment