Tuesday 28 October 2014

STITCH and STRUCTURE Jean Draper

I bought this book because I was intrigued by the sample on the cover. I wanted to find out how it was made. The section about this technique is very short and makes it sound so easy.



There was a lot more variety of techniques in the book than I had expected. It covers design as well as experimental ways of constructing new fabrics and using them to produce 3D constructions. Each chapter finishes with suggestions as to 'further work: you could......'

It is a book for browsing and inspiration. I haven't tried following any of the techniques yet. I will let you know when I have!

1 comment:

  1. I made a whip stitch sample as my contribution to November's Travelling Book. As always it wasn't as easy as the instructions suggest. My piece distorted the fabric a lot more than I expected, not easy to then present in a flat book! But I was pleased and enjoyed the stitching

    ReplyDelete